Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2019

My Learning Story


Title: Art/Manaakitanga                                                       
Name: Gerald
Teachers: Miss Birtch/Miss Rowena 

Date: August 12
VALUES / SKILLS
Year 8 Graduate Profile
Highlight the parts of the Profile you are now doing on a regular basis
Commitment 
Achievement 
Resilience 
Respect 
Skills
In your reflection think about how you displayed the CARR values,
and what curriculum skills you learnt. 
People Smart
  • I listen to understand people’s ideas and opinions
  • I can work successfully with others
  • I understand how my feelings and actions can affect others
  • I act responsibly even when no one is watching
  • I can give useful feedback to others
  • I take responsibility for my own actions
  • I am an outstander – I choose to help others who are having a difficult time 
Active Learner
  • I am a curious learner – I ask questions
  • I use feedback to improve my learning
  • I have a growth mindset
  • I know what my next steps are
  • I share my ideas and point of view with different people
Learning Smart
  • I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning
  • I complete my work in the time I’m given
  • I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time
  • I manage my emotions when I am frustrated or challenged
  • I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do
Thinking Smart
  • I can reflect on my learning
  • I understand others’ opinions and ideas
  • I can think critically
  • I can think creatively 
Cyber Smart
  • I use the internet and devices in a safe way
  • I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing
  • I can use digital tools creatively
  • I can use digital tools for different purposes
What we did: Filming and drawings.
  • So in art we did filming and drawings. So our main story is about cleaning the environment. Our story called Clean Our Nation. What did I do in our group? So In our group I was the person who always drew so if they asked me to draw that or draw this. I am the responsible person to do it. What is the story mainly about? So there was a boy who was walking and he saw the river was full of rubbish and he made a plan to clean the river, so he called his friends to help clean the river and after 3 weeks the river was clean now. If you can see the yellow highlighted there that was my goal. I choose the goal because sometimes I don’t listen to my group.
What I learned: 
  • I learnt how to be a responsible person and I learnt how to do a lot of things at the same time. The yellow highlighted there is my goal because sometimes I don’t know what my next step is.
What I enjoyed:
  • I enjoyed doing a lot of drawings and I enjoyed being with my group. The two highlighted goals there was the most important thing for me because sometimes I don’t complete the work that they ask me to do. The second goal I choose is I understand other’s opinions and ideas. I think I need to do that because sometimes I don’t listen to other people's ideas.


What I found difficult:
  • I found the drawing too difficult because I don’t normally draw. My goal is that I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing. I choose that goal because sometimes when I’m bored I go to my device and search up anything I want and I knew that was wrong, So I think I need that to be my goal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.