Pages

Monday 8 November 2021

Workshop: SEXXXY Paragraphs

 Scene - 'They Don't own me' - Dialogue is used to create a foreboding atmosphere.  Katniss and Peta are having a conversation about how the upcoming games might affect them. This is demonstrated by the quotes "I don't want them to change me," and " If I'm gonna die, I still wanna be me" Spoken by Peta. These show that Peta has a sense that he is going to have to do things that he doesn't want to have to do like kill others. This makes the audience feel sorry for Peta because he is likely going to die or kill others to study alive.  The director did this to make us believe Peta will die early and that being a tribute isn't something to celebrate but a loss of personal autonomy. This worked well with the dark colours of black and greys which add to the foreboding atmosphere. This aspect can be contrasted to when Peta joins the career pack once in the games because they are cold-hearted killers which is what Peta didn't want to be. 

Brainstorm - Angles/Movements/Shots - Over the shoulder - shows speaker puts us in listeners P.O.V makes us part of the conversation.

Music

Lightning Colour - Mood - sad - gloomy - greys, darks, dim lighting - works with C/U to highlight emotions on faces 

Settings

Costumes and makeup - I don't want them to change 

Character/Dialogue - "I don't wanna be another piece in their game" "If I'm gonna die, I wanna still be me."

Close-ups - Shows the emotions of the two - nervous,  anxious, mostly Peta 

Theme - Rich vs Poor, Hope, and Rebellion, struggle for power.

Atmosphere - Forebonding, nervous, Reluctant, Hesitant

- Lighting and colour

- Dialogue 

- Close-up 

What happened - Peeta and Katniss are having a conversation about how the games might affect to them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.